Instructions for Students
There are four proctored exam options available to faculty and students at UWF:
Option 1: Your instructor may arrange for and schedule a classroom at UWF where students come to take the exam while the course instructor or assistant proctors.
- Check with your instructor.
Students arrange for an exam proctor using the UWF proctor guidelines:
- See complete instructions at: http://onlinecampus.uwf.edu/class/proc_exams.cfm
- Provide a completed Proctor Approval Form to your instructor
- Note: Most proctoring centers charge a fee
Option 3: UWF Testing Center:
- UWF Testing Center Instructions
- There is a non-refundable fee of $20.00
Option 4. ProctorU (See Below)
Just follow these simple steps:
- Visit the UWF ProctorU portal:
- Watch the video introductory videos
- Visit the following links at the top of the portal:
- Technical Specifications,
- How It Works, and
- Getting Started
- You will need a webcam. ProctorU recommends the Microsoft Lifecam VX1000 (or higher models).
- This camera, or an acceptable alternative, is available at Best Buy, Office Depot, Office Max, Target, Wal-Mart, or Amazon.com
- Alternative webcams must have a microphone for you to communicate with your proctor and meet the required specifications listed on the "Technical Specifications" link
- Create an account by selecting the "Schedule" image.
- Be sure to provide a valid email address and a phone number where you can be reached when you are taking an exam.
- If you are new to ProctorU, select:
- New Users: Request Login ID
- Fill in ALL of the requested data
- Also on this page watch the demo video, "How ProctorU Works."
- BEFORE YOUR EXAM (at least a day or two):
At the time of your exam, please return to and click on the blinking button, asking you to "Click Here to Start."
- Test your system with ProctorU:
- Go to http://www.proctoru.com/
- Select "Technical Requirements" in the upper-right corner.
- Select "Equipment Test" in the right column.
- Select "Click Here to Test Your Equipment."
- This will provide a complete test of your computer and Internet connection to help ensure that you encounter no difficulties during your ProctorU "Proctored" exam.
- If any difficulties are encountered, you will be provided links to a "Live Person", an email form, and phone numbers to contact ProctorU to immediately get your difficulties resolved.
You will be required to pay for the ProctorU service ($22.50) at the time of registration, with a valid credit/debit card
- You will simply key the information into a field provided, ProctorU does not record this information.
- At the beginning of the test period, ProctorU will also ask to see a picture ID along with your face in the webcam.
- ProctorU will take a picture (snapshot through the webcam) at the beginning of the test period. The snapshot will only be of the student and not the picture ID.
- You will be asked 4 questions to validate your identity. You must be able to answer 2 of the 4 questions.
- ProctorU may also record sessions of the exam if deemed necessary.
- The ProctorU representative can see your (the student's) computer desktop.
- If needed, the ProctorU representative has the ability to manipulate your computer to assist in the resolution of some technical issues.
- This is only done with your permission.
- Dress appropriately
- Warn other people at their location that an exam is being conducted
- Other people should stay out of the room,
- If other people come in the room for any reason they too should be appropriately dressed
- Students are encouraged to schedule exams with ProctorU 4-weeks in advance. If 4-weeks is not possible, schedule exams as soon as possible to ensure an exam time (within your instructor's designated time period) that is convenient to you.
- ProctorU requires that you schedule your exam no later than three days in advance.
- If your instructor schedules the exam for a Friday, you must make your exam appointment with ProctorU (through the UWF ProctorU portal) no later than the Tuesday preceding the exam date.
- Failure to do so will incur a $5.00 penalty from ProctorU.
- Contact ProctorU (http://www.ProctorU.com).
- Self-register for the exam.
- Be Prepared with a Credit/Debit Card to pay the proctor fee ($22.50) at the time of registration.
- Note: if you take longer than 2 hours to complete the exam, you may incur an additional fee ($8.50/hour).