Faculty should visit the ProctorU website (http://www.ProctorU.com) and watch the "How It Works" video:
- The video is accessed by selecting the "How It Works" text (bold and light-blue) near the top of the page.
- There is also another video in the center of the page. This video is also recommended.
- These two videos are essentially all you need; however, it might prove beneficial to view other videos and information on the page.
Faculty exam development instructions:
- The exam is developed in e-Learning as usual.
- On the "Restrictions" tab, during exam development:
- Security Options:
- Do not select the Respondus LockDown Browser (it is not needed and will interfere with the proctoring process).
- Optional Advanced Restrictions
- Enter a password - do not use your ArgoNet password
- Write it down and keep for future reference.
- The password is ONLY given to ProctorU.
- NOTE: an exam requiring in excess of two hours to complete will result in a charge to the student of an additional $8.50/hour (above the normal $22.50 fee).
NOTE: Exam Name & Password:
- The exam name and its associated password are very important, once the exam has been named and a password assigned, do not change them.
- You may edit questions, but do not change the name of the exam or the password.
- The name of the exam is important for both the student and the proctor to ensure that the student is in the correct exam.
- If the password is changed, the proctor will not be able to let the student into the exam.
Sending Exam Data to ProctorU:
This is CRITICAL!
This information should be sent to ProctorU at least two weeks prior to the intended exam dates.
- Go to the following form to enter and send your exam data to ProctorU:
- You will be required to enter your Argonet password.
- Select this link to access the form:
- You should enter this information into the form at the beginning of the term.
- Course number
- Course Name
- Your last name
- Contact phone number for business hous
- Contact phone number for after hours (after 5 pm)
- Indicate the times when you can be reached
- The name of the exam
- The date of the exam:
- NOTE: Exam dates are critical
- Caution: Changing exam dates may require your students to reschedule their exam appointments with ProctorU.
- If exam dates must be changed, the changes should be sent to ProctorU, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least two weeks in advance.
- Also, identify any student specific requirements as soon as possible:
- Student needs extra time due to documented disability
- Student needs an exam date different from the rest of the class
- The password for each exam
- NOTE: Exam passwords are critical
- Exam passwords should only be given to ProctorU.
- Passwords are NEVER given to students.
- Any special information, e.g.:
- Notes are allowed / not allowed
- Textbook allowed / not allowed
Critical Information Regarding Lead-Time:
- Everything must be set-up with sufficient lead-time so that the student is able to contact ProctorU (to schedule their exam time) and NOT BE within three days of the date/time the student intends to take the exam.
- Again, this is referring to the date and time the student intends to schedule their exam date/time with ProctorU.
- This is not referring to the date and time of the availability of the exam itself.
- Failure to avoid this three-day window will incur added expense for the student.
To “receive confirmation” of your actions:
- Place a checkmark in the “Send me a copy of my responses” box.
- Select the “Submit” button: This action:
- Sends the exam data to ProctorU.
- Triggers a notification to ProctorU that the data has been added to the UWF semester document.
- This document is updated at both UWF and ProctorU.
- If the option was selected (“Send me a copy of my responses”), this action also sends a confirmation notice to the “person” submitting the data.
- If you selected the option to “receive confirmation” and did not receive a confirmation email, THE DATA WAS NOT SENT to ProctorU.
ProctorU Student Instructions:
- You will need to provide instructions to your students.
- The best option is to send them this "Student" Online Campus link:
- There is a little bit of general information at the top of this page; however, the important student information begins at "Getting Started With ProctorU."