QUESTION: How do I copy the content from a previous semester's course or a development shell?
ANSWER: You will have to copy your course content into your new official course shell. You may copy from a development course master or from a previous semester's course.
Note: If you need to copy content from another instructor's course, you must first be enrolled in that course as an instructor.
Here are the steps: Copy Course Components PDF Guide
Here is a link to the Collaborate session on Copying Course Components https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/jwsdetect/playback.jnlp?psid=2013-08-14.0956.M.5850FCE9A4C74EED855130EB8B37D5.vcr&sid=uwf0707
- Open your new official course shell and go to "Edit Course" in the upper right corner of the navigation bar.
- On the next screen select the Import/Export/CopyComponents icon/link.
- Leave the default Copy Components from another Org Unit (course) and click Search for offering.
- On this page you may use the Search feature to find a course, or scroll through the pages.
- If the oldest semesters are listed first, click twice on the Semester heading to re-sort by most recent semester.
- Select the radio button next to the course you want to copy from, and then click Add Selected.
- Next, click the button that is labeled Copy All Components if you want everything from the previous course. (See below for instructions on selecting specific items)
- Wait for the copy queue to finish (blue and white bar to the right of the screen
- If everything copied fine, you will see a check in a green circle.
- If there were errors in teh copy, you will see a message and you can view the copy history to see what may have not copied (typically the Calendar)
To selcect specific items to copy
- If you want to select specific items to copy, click on the Select Components button.
- You may also just check those items you wish to copy, such as the Question Library and/or Quizzes.
- If you only want the Content be sure to also select the Course Files as well.
- Please note that student data WILL NOT be copied over.
- Then click Continue
- On the next screen you can modify your selections to specific items, or just click Finish. This may take a few moments so do not click copy more than once or you will get multiple copies of your course in your new shell!
- On the next screen you will see a progress icon for each category of content. When you see all green check marks next to your items, click Done.