The ATC Course Design Template is designed to meet Quality Matters (QM) standards, and to assist faculty in creating a quality online or blended course. Many time consuming features have been built into the course to save faculty valuable time.
Some of the built in features include:
- Replacement Strings (which identify the student by name)
- Standard Syllabus template with links to common plug-ins, SDRC information, and emergency information included
- BEGIN HERE page with instructions for students on how and where to find course resources
- Academic Integrity Module and quiz developed by Drs. Ron Belter and Athena De Pre
- Course Orientation, Communication Standards, and Netiquette modules
- Campus support resources for students
- and most importantly, the template provides consistent, logical course navigation for the student.
The template is also designed to meet web page accessibility standards. (See: Editing an eLearning Page
The ATC Course Design Template is now available in a variety of background styles and colors. The links below will display in a new page for preview:
Listed below are the zipped Course Design template files:
- Select the template file from the list above and save the file to your computer.
- Go into your empty course shell and select My Tools/Edit Course
- Select Import / Export / Copy Components
- Select Import Components
- Browse to the template zip file on your computer and select Open, then select Next
- Once you get a green check mark next to Reading the package, click Start
- After several processing steps, look for and check the box for Import Metadata
- Select All Components
- Click Continue, and on the following page click Continue as well
- You should have green check marks next to all files listed, then click Finish
- You should see: Import Summary, The course import was successful.
Listed below are the style sheets for each template. You can easily change the look of you course by replacing the files within the Template Files folder in your course.
- Download the Template Files Folder zipped file.
- Go to the Manage Files area in your course.
- Scroll to find the Template Files folder,
- Click on the folder to go into it.
- Check all files and delete them from the folder.
- While still in the Template Files folder, upload the new Template Files zipped file.
- Hover over the zip file to reveal the drop down menu, select Unzip.
- Congratulations, your course has a brand new look!
- Note: You may have to refresh your browser to clear the cache, or preview using a different browser.